[linux-audio-dev] promoting LAC 2007

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Tue Mar 27 15:01:07 UTC 2007

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 04:17:16PM +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Maybe one day there will be a Linux version of Live, but it's
> not something I particularily look forward to, as I wouldn't
> use it anyways unless it gets opensource'd.

There are probably many of us thinking the same way.

But the sad fact is that if all Linux users do this, then
Linux will forever be an 'amateur' platform. From the PoV
of a professional audio user (i.e. one who makes his/her
living by providing services in that area), if a product
does the job and has the right price, there is no good
reason for not using it.

--
FA

Follie! Follie! Delirio vano è questo !