[LAD] Widgets

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Wed May 2 04:35:35 UTC 2007

On Dimarts 01 Maig 2007, Arnold Krille wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 1. Mai 2007 schrieb Christian Schoenebeck:
> > Es geschah am Tuesday, 1. May 2007 22:15 als Thorsten Wilms schrieb:
> > > I have been working on concepts and mockups on knobs, radial popup
> > > menus and sliders.
> > > http://thorwil.wordpress.com/tag/widgets/
> >
> > Damn and I was already looking for the source code.
> > Anyway, some good fresh ideas for the already a bit rusty widget
> > syndicate. I think such a "fan slider" could be efficiently and pretty be
> > implemented using Qt4's new vector graphics API which also supports
> > translucency.
>
> I think the fan-slider could get pretty complicated in Qt. Afaik you can
> only paint in the own widget. So painting these fans across neighbored
> widgets would call for an additional widget popping up...
> But with some work it could be possible. :-)

Maybe a widget not included on the container layout but with sizes and
position depending on the slider's ones.

> What about starting a Qt-library with some nice faders/sliders and knobs?

Some of this is what we have started on the CLAM project. We are gathering
some of the best GPL Qt audio related widgets around [1] into a Qt designer
plugin so you can use all of them on CLAM prototypes, but also we would be
delighted if that becomes a comunity effort not bound to CLAM. If fact, most
of the widgets have no real dependencies on CLAM.

[1] http://clam.iua.upf.edu/wikis/clam/index.php/Development_screenshots

The plugin currently includes:
- CLAM realtime data visualization widgets (oscilloscope, bargraph, vumeter,
keyspace, tonnetz...), and a ControlSurface widget (controls/visualizes a
pair of parameters to explore by moving a point in a surface).
- Pksampler povray based widgets but ported to C++ and with properties to
configure the pixmap collection [2]
- Rosegarden/QSynth knobs but with QGradient based drawing. Also with
properties to configure the color and mouse interaction (linear vs radial)
[3]

--
David García Garzón
(Work) dgarcia at iua dot upf anotherdot es