[LAD] [ANN] LV2 beta3

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Thu May 10 14:24:57 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 10:11:19AM -0400, Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> >For the common user, hosts and plugin collections should be part
> >of the distribution he uses.
>

> Oh I sincerely hope we are not going to tie people in like this, that
> would be a VERY bad thing IMO.

Tie in?

> What happens when arbitrary extensions are made by a handful of people,
> for a handful of plugins on a year by year basis.  In a couple of years
> you have significantly more than a handful of extensions.

This is FLOSS, right? Nobody gets to tell people what to do or not
in the end. So if anyone wants to create 'arbitrary' extensions,
he will. No profiles, no nothing change that.

It's a wild software jungle out there anyway and I really do think we
have to rely on distributors to make it more handable for the average
user, where average user refers to everyone who is for whatever reason
not able or inclined to go out there to explore, test and learn.

--
Thorsten Wilms

Thorwil's Design for Free Software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com