[LAD] [ANN] LV2 beta3

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Thu May 10 17:49:46 UTC 2007

> Tie in?

Tie someone into a specific distribution because that is the first one
they tried and had something they liked.

> This is FLOSS, right? Nobody gets to tell people what to do or not
> in the end. So if anyone wants to create 'arbitrary' extensions,
> he will. No profiles, no nothing change that.

EXACTLY my point.  When do they cease being arbitrary extensions and
instead be something a bit more structural for those programming the
host to have a basic idea of what they should do to support the majority
of plugins.

> It's a wild software jungle out there anyway and I really do think we
> have to rely on distributors to make it more handable for the average
> user, where average user refers to everyone who is for whatever reason
> not able or inclined to go out there to explore, test and learn.

I would completely disagree, that seems like a very lazy way of doing
things(No offense intended to you personally Thorsten).  Oh this seems
to difficult, let someone else do it.

        Seablade