[LAD] simulating analog audio devices

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Thu May 31 23:44:45 UTC 2007

hey LADs.

For those of you who have not followed the 'fuzztone' thread on LAU. I'd
like to announce a /cool hack/ to ngSpice that provides soundfile I/O
capabilities. - it's more a LAD than a LAU issue anyway.

read more about it on: http://mir.dnsalias.com/oss/spicesound/start

Simple tests sound rather promising; but my fuzztone experiment is not
really satisfying yet. well, maybe it's just meant to sound *that* weird
;) - I've got a hunch that the simulated voltage source does not yet
represent a guitar... I will have a look again on the weekend and upload
some samples then. NTL, I've just simulated and verified a RC filter:
http://mir.dnsalias.com/oss/spicesound/examples

I'm sure some of you guys have some spice netlists lying around that
would be suitable for testing and debugging. wanna give 'em a go?

robin