[LAD] ladspa c++ dlsym question

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Wed Nov 21 10:45:35 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 20 November 2007 21:57, james jwm-art net wrote:
> I'm attempting to use dlsym to dynamically load a ladspa plugin lib in
> c++. I've found various web pages describing how to use dlsym in c++
> but they do not seem entirely relevant to using ladspa (ie ladspa
> plugins are mainly written in c) (??).

Are you wrapping your C++ code in the '#extern "C" {}' keyword?  This is
necessary in order to keep the C++ compiler from mangling the names.  A good
overview of how it all works (specific to Solaris, but good info for Linux as
well) can be found at:

	http://developers.sun.com/solaris/articles/external_linkage.html

Cheers!

|       To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.        |
|                                             -- Thomas Edison            |