[LAD] LADSPA Windows OR Effects on all three major systems.

elthariel elthariel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 13:01:52 UTC 2007

2007/9/5, N. Gey <ilfhi at gmx.de>:

> Hello,
>
> my friends and I are developing a Computer Game and it should run on
> Linux, Mac and Win. Now we're thinking about Audio Effects. Generell
> reverb, compressor with sidechain (to compress the signal when speech is
> active, so its clearly heard, no matters how the player has set his
> audio balance. you know... like in Radio Stations).
>
> We are using FMod4 and searching for a platform indipendent effect
> system. Maybe there is LADSPA port to windows? Or have you other
> suggestions?
>
> greetings,
>
> Nils

LADSPA itself is just a small C header then it doesn't depend on any
particular operating system or plateform, if the OS in question support
dynamic linking (which is the case for the 3 os you mentionned).
If you have the source of the plugin it generally won't be  a problem to
make it work under Linux, OSX, or even win32.