[LAD] [ANN] jack_capture V0.9.10 and Snd-ls V0.9.8.16

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Mon Apr 7 23:37:54 UTC 2008

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, Jonathan Woithe wrote:

>> jack_capture
>> :
>>   *Added the --meterbridge / -mb option, which automatically
>>    starts Steve Harris' meterbridge (http://plugin.org.uk/meterbridge/)
>>    and constantly connects them to the same ports as jack_capture
>>    is connected to.
>
> Nice - this will save me the hassle of starting meterbridge manually when
> setting up for recording and having to make sure that meterbridge's channels
> actually match jack_capture's channels.

Great to hear!

Do you need an option to select a different
meter type than "vu" when starting meterbridge?

Also, have you looked at the new default
built-in console "vu" meter? I personally think
its more than good enough.
I wasn't sure whether I should show a dB meter, or just
show the linear float
0.0-1.0 value. Since I'm more used to pure float,
and that it was straight forward to implement, I chose
the latter, but maybe someone really would prefer
a dB meter instead?