[LAD] OT: alternative fuel for cars [was: Re: Car engine sound emulation for future electic cars. ideas ?]

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Tue Aug 5 11:32:45 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 13:19 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Patrick Shirkey hat gesagt: // Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
> > You can check this forum for more details:
> >
> > http://energeticforum.com/renewable-energy/
> >
> > That's where a lot of the action is taking place...
>
> There's also way too much "Age of Aquarius" style irrational mysticism
> taking place on that site, at least for my taste and world view. Just
> navigate up one directory to read about "Spirituality, Consciousness,
> Revolutionary Subconscious Mind Empowerment Technology, hypnosis, QXCI,
> SCIO, reiki, meditation, Psychic, Paranormal" and so on. To each his
> own, but: Urgh.
>
> Anyway the only audio related thing there is "binaural beats", which is
> that old fashioned (1986!) amateur neurology assumption, that when you
> detune two sine waves, pan them left rsp. right and listen to it on
> headphones, an enlightened consciousness will appear to appear. Ah, if
> everything was that simple...

Yep, That forum is definitely located in a weird place and most likely
frequented by some truely strange creatures.

What is undeniable are the results that they are achieving. That's why I
have made a blog to separate the cruft from the real results. Also they
are not the only guys doing the experiments. As you can imagine there
are some seriously paranoid guys working on the concept and they tend to
take shelter over at a yahoo list.

Anyway this stuff is so new. What makes me cringe is that it is being
discovered and improved on by people who insist on using these crazy
forums and mailing lists, discuss "paranormal" activity and most likely
believe in UFO's. They are really outside the true open source movement
at the moment. Yep, they are very odd.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd