[LAD] OT: alternative fuel for cars [was: Re: Car engine sound emulation for future electic cars. ideas ?]

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Tue Aug 5 16:35:10 UTC 2008

Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Exploding/burning water has been done and it is definitely absolutely
> possible.

Sure. Getting net energy from that is the hard part. :)

Reminds me of a story by Stanislaw Lem where Prof. Tarantoga is visited
by one of those crackpots who's invented a perpetuum mobile, claiming
that it's a real device. He keeps on turning the handle on that thing,
"See, it's working! I don't have to turn the handle, just ignore that,
it would work anyway!" Hilarious. Anyone else know that story?

So what's next? Quadrature of the circle? P=NP? Proof of the Riemann
hypothesis?

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikinformatik.uni-mainz.de/ag