[LAD] OT: alternative fuel for cars [was: Re: Car engine sound emulation for future electic cars. ideas ?]

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Tue Aug 5 22:38:02 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 06:35:10PM +0200, Albert Graef wrote:

> Reminds me of a story by Stanislaw Lem where Prof. Tarantoga is visited
> by one of those crackpots who's invented a perpetuum mobile, claiming
> that it's a real device. He keeps on turning the handle on that thing,
> "See, it's working! I don't have to turn the handle, just ignore that,
> it would work anyway!" Hilarious. Anyone else know that story?

I know a real one, who has plagued me during most of the 20 years
or so that I've been living in Antwerp - I made the fatal mistake
to go into discussion with him once in the beginning of that period.
Went as far as ringing my doorbell in the middle of the night.
During all that time, his plans (well drawn, almost art), never
changed. The basic idea was somoe complex closed stucture that
expanded its volume under increasing water pressure.

Ciao,

--
FA

Parma, Italia