[LAD] Wireless Electricity vs audio quality

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Mon Aug 25 11:36:30 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 12:26 +0100, Gordon J. C. Pearce wrote:
> Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > After the latest Intel announcment that they are indeed working
> > seriously on wireless electricity uses resonance to transmit hte energy
> > sources I am wondering if anyone has ideas on whether that would affect
> > audio quality as resonance is an important part of the ambience of live
> > sound.
> >

> Put it this way.  If you don't think mobile phones are a good idea,
> because they use a couple of milliwatts of RF, what do you think of the
> idea of belting out enough RF to light a lightbulb?

It uses resonant frequencies at specific levels not radio frequencies.
You may be getting confused with wireless power over bluetooth.
According to the research I have seen and general user experience
bluetooth doesn't affect my audio equipment.

> I'm *not* one of the people who objects to mobile phones, but I wouldn't
> have one of these things anywhere near.

I don't think you will have much choice as the technology will be come
ubiquitous in the coming years. Everyone wants to get rid of power
cables. It's already started with wireless bluetooth and the Intel RnD
will make it even more viable for general electronic equipment.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd