[LAD] JACK for openSUSE 11.0 x86_64

oc2pus at arcor.de oc2pus at arcor.de
Mon Dec 15 23:09:03 UTC 2008

Am Montag, 15. Dezember 2008 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> Hi Oc2pus :)
>
> here is the information I got by rpm, I also checked jack only and
> dependencies by YaST2 and added the stuff that's unknown by the package
> management and including jack in it's name.
>
> oc2pus at arcor.de wrote:
> > please post the output of
> > rpm -qa | grep jack

> spinymouse at suse11:~> rpm -qa | grep jack
> jackmeter-0.3-0.pm.1
> libjack2-0-1.9.0-0.pm.4                       <================
> jack_snapshot-0.0.3-0.pm.1
> jackbeat-0.6.3-0.pm.1
> jacktube-0.20-0.pm.1
> libjackserver2-0-1.9.0-0.pm.4         <=============
> jackEQ-0.4.1-0.pm.2
> jackmixdesk-0.3-112.pm.svn20070530
> jack_capture-0.9.31-0.pm.1
> jack-scope-20080627-0.pm.1
> libjack-devel-0.116.1-0.pm.1   <======
> jackmix-0.4-0.pm.1
> qjacklam-0.3-0.pm.2
> jack-0.109.2-36.1                         <=======  NOT A PACKMAN PACKAGE
> jackmixdesk-gui-0.3-112.pm.svn20070530
> jackmaster-0.0.1-0.pm.1
> jack-rack-1.4.7-68.1
> libjack0-32bit-0.109.2-36.1         <=========
> jack2-1.9.0-0.pm.4           <=======

I marked them with <====

your system is borked, yo have a total mixture of jack2 and jack
even 32bit variants in your system...

this can't work,never ever :)

you need
jack2, libjackserver2-0 libjack2-0
OR
jack, libjackserver0, libjackserver0

don't know how you managed to reach this installation mixture.

But if it helps you, you can continue  to write in all your known
communities:
<sarkasm mode on>
its ALWAYS the packager's mistake!  and those packages are totally borked...
</sarkasm mode off>

A tip from me:  simply try gentoo, than YOU are the master of installing and
compiling things. And if things won't work as expected, grab your own nose
and yell around :)