[LAD] JACK for openSUSE 11.0 x86_64

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Dec 16 01:15:59 UTC 2008

oc2pus at arcor.de wrote:
> Am Montag, 15. Dezember 2008 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
>
>> Hi Oc2pus :)
>>
>> here is the information I got by rpm, I also checked jack only and
>> dependencies by YaST2 and added the stuff that's unknown by the package
>> management and including jack in it's name.
>>
>> oc2pus at arcor.de wrote:
>>
>>> please post the output of
>>> rpm -qa | grep jack
>>>

>> spinymouse at suse11:~> rpm -qa | grep jack
>> jackmeter-0.3-0.pm.1
>> libjack2-0-1.9.0-0.pm.4                       <================
>> jack_snapshot-0.0.3-0.pm.1
>> jackbeat-0.6.3-0.pm.1
>> jacktube-0.20-0.pm.1
>> libjackserver2-0-1.9.0-0.pm.4         <=============
>> jackEQ-0.4.1-0.pm.2
>> jackmixdesk-0.3-112.pm.svn20070530
>> jack_capture-0.9.31-0.pm.1
>> jack-scope-20080627-0.pm.1
>> libjack-devel-0.116.1-0.pm.1   <======
>> jackmix-0.4-0.pm.1
>> qjacklam-0.3-0.pm.2
>> jack-0.109.2-36.1                         <=======  NOT A PACKMAN PACKAGE
>> jackmixdesk-gui-0.3-112.pm.svn20070530
>> jackmaster-0.0.1-0.pm.1
>> jack-rack-1.4.7-68.1
>> libjack0-32bit-0.109.2-36.1         <=========
>> jack2-1.9.0-0.pm.4           <=======
>>

> I marked them with <====
>
> your system is borked, yo have a total mixture of jack2 and jack
> even 32bit variants in your system...
>
> this can't work,never ever :)
>
> you need
> jack2, libjackserver2-0 libjack2-0
> OR
> jack, libjackserver0, libjackserver0
>
> don't know how you managed to reach this installation mixture.
>
> But if it helps you, you can continue  to write in all your known
> communities:
> <sarkasm mode on>
> its ALWAYS the packager's mistake!  and those packages are totally borked...
> </sarkasm mode off>
>
> A tip from me:  simply try gentoo, than YOU are the master of installing and
> compiling things. And if things won't work as expected, grab your own nose
> and yell around :)
>

>> Cheers,
>> Ralf

I just wrote about a bug, I never said that it's a sin to produce bugs,
I produce bugs myself, but here I just installed and removed jack
packages by YaST and at a later point by zypper. Because you guess that
you are god, I won't report it to you. Sorry, my mental disorders
differs to the once you have got. Please, don't care about my mails and
postings. It's wasting time, we don't have enough in common to
correspond about those things. I never installed jack2 by myself, it was
installed as a dependency to jack. I can try to force, to remove jack2,
libjackserver2-0, libjack2-0 and to install jack, libjackserver0, but
the problem seems to be, that YaST and zypper aren't able to do this any
more. I'm fine with Suse and Debian, but I'm not fine with people like
you. I don't understand what's the problem with this. You don't need to
write me your opinions, if you think that I'm faking bugs, let the
people know that I'm a liar. I distinctly declared that I won't report
bugs to some people. I like to help people that are using Suse and I
like to get help. Maybe you should engage the services of Gentoo, if you
don't like Suse users. It all started with 2 bugs I reported by details
at Linux-Club, than I had to declare what my needs about a tool like
Linux are. I stoped this conversation at Linux-Club and you are
stalking. YOU DON'T NEED TO WRITE TO ME! I don't wish to have a
discussion about different Linux-World-Views. And if you answer people,
not only here, please read what they have written. Yes, as I've written,
jack-0.109.2-36.1 is from repo-oss, maybe because I tried to downgrade
to this package, perhaps I have written that. Will it be fine for you if
I declare, that I'm totally wrong and you are god?

I JUST NEED HELP, BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW SOME THINGS, I DON'T NEED
ACIDNESS! You are a stalker, don't follow me.