[LAD] JACK for openSUSE 11.0 x86_64

torbenh at gmx.de torbenh at gmx.de
Tue Dec 16 01:51:09 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 02:15:59AM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> oc2pus at arcor.de wrote:
> > Am Montag, 15. Dezember 2008 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> >
> >> Hi Oc2pus :)
> >>
> >> here is the information I got by rpm, I also checked jack only and
> >> dependencies by YaST2 and added the stuff that's unknown by the package
> >> management and including jack in it's name.

> >> spinymouse at suse11:~> rpm -qa | grep jack
> >> jackmeter-0.3-0.pm.1
> >> libjack2-0-1.9.0-0.pm.4                       <================
> >> jack_snapshot-0.0.3-0.pm.1
> >> jackbeat-0.6.3-0.pm.1
> >> jacktube-0.20-0.pm.1
> >> libjackserver2-0-1.9.0-0.pm.4         <=============
> >> jackEQ-0.4.1-0.pm.2
> >> jackmixdesk-0.3-112.pm.svn20070530
> >> jack_capture-0.9.31-0.pm.1
> >> jack-scope-20080627-0.pm.1
> >> libjack-devel-0.116.1-0.pm.1   <======
> >> jackmix-0.4-0.pm.1
> >> qjacklam-0.3-0.pm.2
> >> jack-0.109.2-36.1                         <=======  NOT A PACKMAN PACKAGE
> >> jackmixdesk-gui-0.3-112.pm.svn20070530
> >> jackmaster-0.0.1-0.pm.1
> >> jack-rack-1.4.7-68.1
> >> libjack0-32bit-0.109.2-36.1         <=========
> >> jack2-1.9.0-0.pm.4           <=======
> >>

> > I marked them with <====
> >
> > your system is borked, yo have a total mixture of jack2 and jack
> > even 32bit variants in your system...
> >
> > this can't work,never ever :)
> >
> > you need
> > jack2, libjackserver2-0 libjack2-0
> > OR
> > jack, libjackserver0, libjackserver0
> >
> > don't know how you managed to reach this installation mixture.
> >
> > But if it helps you, you can continue  to write in all your known
> > communities:
> > <sarkasm mode on>
> > its ALWAYS the packager's mistake!  and those packages are totally borked...
> > </sarkasm mode off>
> >
> > A tip from me:  simply try gentoo, than YOU are the master of installing and
> > compiling things. And if things won't work as expected, grab your own nose
> > and yell around :)
> >

> >> Cheers,
> >> Ralf
> >>

> I just wrote about a bug, I never said that it's a sin to produce bugs,
> I produce bugs myself, but here I just installed and removed jack
> packages by YaST and at a later point by zypper. Because you guess that
> you are god, I won't report it to you. Sorry, my mental disorders
> differs to the once you have got. Please, don't care about my mails and
> postings. It's wasting time, we don't have enough in common to
> correspond about those things. I never installed jack2 by myself, it was
> installed as a dependency to jack. I can try to force, to remove jack2,
> libjackserver2-0, libjack2-0 and to install jack, libjackserver0, but
> the problem seems to be, that YaST and zypper aren't able to do this any
> more. I'm fine with Suse and Debian, but I'm not fine with people like
> you. I don't understand what's the problem with this. You don't need to
> [...]

i dont understand you.
he pointed out the errors.
and told you how you should fix your system.

he is a bit annoyed, because your saying the packages are broken.
the packages are fine. YOU broke your system.
now fix it.

just remove the offending packages.
read the man page of rpm and remove them.
i guess you need the force option, because you got yourself into
dependency hell.

yast wont help you here.

--
torben Hohn