[LAD] JACK for openSUSE 11.0 x86_64

torbenh at gmx.de torbenh at gmx.de
Tue Dec 16 13:48:39 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 02:05:05PM +0100, torbenh at gmx.de wrote:

> and this is only possible because, there are 2 packages, for libjack and
> jack. Why do you think we distibute them in one package ?
> They make no sense without each other.
>
> STOP SPLITTING JACK UP.

Sorry, this might have sounded a little bit harsh.
But this is a message to ALL packagers.

not only packman, but also debian packagers.

It looks like we will stop supporting people with distros/repos
which split up the libraries from jackd. And just tell them
their distro is broken.

STOP SPLITTING JACK UP.

There is NO reason to do that.
So at least fix it with HARD Require of a matching jackd/libjack
version in both packages.

--
torben Hohn