[LAD] JACK for openSUSE 11.0 x86_64

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Dec 16 15:50:09 UTC 2008

oc2pus at arcor.de wrote:
> nor the packman package or yast is broken...
>
> pulseaudio-module-jack has a (wrong ?) requires to jack instead libjack.so.1
> (or a other program in your system) . And as there are more than one provider
> for jack, yast pulls in the first provider for jack it finds.
>
> So the bad packages in this dependency hell are the ones who has a "Requires:
> jack"

I don't wish to have stuff like arts and pulseaudio on my machine, I
always disable system sounds, because my Linux are audio Workstations,
resp. they should be audio workstations.

That's why I compile and set up a lot myself. I won't read what I have
to do, if I use package managements all the time.

How should a user know about that? "I will upgrade jack, but shall know,
that I have to google for problems with pulseaudio"?!

I hate it, that I'm forced to have bull shit like arts, because I'm
using KDE. I don't know anything about pulseaudio.