[LAD] JACK for openSUSE 11.0 x86_64

torbenh at gmx.de torbenh at gmx.de
Tue Dec 16 19:45:46 UTC 2008

> > hmm... ok. it looks like libjack0-0.109.2 is not requiring
> > jack-0.109.2.
> >
> > and jack-0.109.2 only requires libjack0.so
> > which can be provided by libjack2 and libjack1.
> >
> > i consider this broken.
>
> just for the records:
> these are not packman packages.
> the packman packages contains a X.pm.Y in the release tag, the actual version
> is 0.116.1.

well... i looked at some .pm packages.
only through rpmfind though.

ok. i am sorry that this whole thing contained so much negative energy,
but reading ralfs mail makes aggressive.

so lets drink some "virtual" beer together, and let this stuff
rest. And Ralf, i hope that, you see that apart from pointing out
the problem you did not help in solving this problem.

You only distracted us from solving the problem with 10kb mails.
and also pushed oc2pus into defense.

I dont care what happenend at linux club. And i dont think that its a
reason to get angry if you are being laughed at by some random forum
users.

We are doing this because we like to do it. And such negative energy
just makes us care less.

they are probably not even 18.

> A lib-package normally doesn't contain a requirement to a program-package.
>
> For my packages in the packman repository:
> As a reaction of this thread, I uploaded new packages for jack and jack2.
> They are now mutually exclusive and the user must change wich one to use.
> Formerly jack2 was handled as a update to jack.I followed also the idea from
> Torben to handle the jack-daemon like a library.
>
> The "Requires" to the underlying library packages where already part of the
> packman packages. So I hope the problems of upgrading/changing the
> jack-versions are solved.

ok. i will have a look, when your package database has synched.
nedko also updated:
http://trac.jackaudio.org/wiki/SuggestedPackagingApproach

to make the fact more clear, that there MUST NOT be two versions,
of libjack.so on the system.

perhaps you can communicate this fact upstream to suse.
i dont know how these things works, and who builds the
"official" opesuse packages. or if they just copy a working package,
from the alternative repos.

trying to :)

--
torben Hohn