[LAD] Developers section @ linuxmusicians.com

Bob Ham rah at bash.sh
Tue Dec 23 08:44:11 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-22 at 13:05 +0100, Grammostola Rosea wrote:

> A couples months ago we started a forum at linuxmusicians.com .

I had a quick look and it seems like a valuable site.  However, I
noticed that the Linux Distributions & Other Software section has the
following description:

"What other apps and distros do you use to round out your home studio?"

I wouldn't assume that Linux is used solely in home studios.  It seems
to be enjoying increased usage in commercial audio products.  There are
also numerous academic environments using Linux for music-related
teaching.  I don't personally know of any commercial studios that use
Linux desktops but I certainly wouldn't assume there were none.  In
fact, that assumption and the above description seem quite
counter-productive, particularly for those with the goal of supporting
development by providing services to commercial studios.

Might I recommend removing the word "home" from the description?

Regards,

Bob

--
Bob Ham <rah at bash.sh>