[LAD] jack simple_client issue

gopal e gopal.e at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 21:09:33 UTC 2008

Hello All!
I am just starting to use JACK and trying to run some of the example
clients. I am able to hear audio from the metronome example by connecting
the metronome output to the system playback ports.
However, when I connect metronome output to the simple_client input, I do
not hear any audio output. Since the simple client copies data from the
output port to the input port, I notice that the it should work in the same
fashion.  Would anyone have any suggestions as to what could be possibly
wrong?
I am using qjackctl to launch the jack server and view the connections
between the different readable clients and the connections seem to show up
fine.

Thanks for your help. Happy New Year!

Regards,

Gopal