[LAD] Prototyping algorithms and ideas

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Fri Feb 1 18:37:33 UTC 2008

Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:
> Thanks, that was simple.

Beware, I haven't tested that code. :)

> But what about resampling? The main main signal usually needs to
> be resampled up 5-10 times to get a decent sound. Can I do that
> with faust? Something like:
>
> process = resample(5,d)

I want that, too. :) There's no (easy) way to do resampling inside Faust
right now, because Faust doesn't support multirate processing yet. I
know that Yann has this on his TODO list, as we already discussed it
last summer. Once multirate processing is there, adding samplerate
conversion (either programmed in Faust or by calling an external C
routine) shouldn't be a big deal any more.

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikinformatik.uni-mainz.de/ag