[LAD] Hello.

alex stone compose59 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 22:55:05 UTC 2008

Hello all, my name's Alex Stone, and Benno From Linuxsampler pointed me in
this direction to see what you guys who build stuff are up to.

Frankly I've been amazed at the talent on display to use a phrase. Linux
audio has come a long way since i last peeked in some 8 or 10 years ago. I'm
currrently usiing a programme called Reaper, in wine in Linux, but i am keen
to see a complete native solution come to maturity. I've had the privilege
of communicating with  some of you already, and as my linux journey is a
recent one, i've been assisted, and encouraged by some great fellas, who
know their stuff.

Anyway, the introductions are done, and handshakes are made. I hope i can
contribute something here from a user's perspective, and as someone fairly
well versed in using audio and production programmes on the 'other side of
the fence'. I've finally seen the light, and gained my freedom.
As a former orchestral player, i'm more inclined to use programmes from a
classical composer's perspective. and as some of you know already, i've
tried to convey what it's like to write classical music with a computer, and
the challenges that go with that, the biggest of all usually being the
number of audio or midi ports available, and the capability possible for
using a large number of instruments, often with several for one section with
variations in articulation.

My respects and thanks to those who have helped and encouraged so far, and i
hope i can give something back as my knowledge continues to grow..

Alex Stone.