[LAD] LV2 " isn't well thought out ?" LV2 in the Reaper sequencer

t_w_ at freenet.de t_w_ at freenet.de
Tue Jan 22 12:12:23 UTC 2008

Dave Phillips wrote:

> So responding with sarcasm, "We'll do it my way or not at all"
> conditions, and a confrontive attitude qualifies as "the spirit of
> collaboration" ? Geez, you guys are really winning me over.

It's the good right of Dave and Lars to not care or even outright
reject closed software. They could have said it more diplomatic
terms ... but now you make a drama of it.

It could even be that both never claimed to be open minded ;)

Dave puts an incredibly amount of effort into several open projects.
Why would he go out of his way to help adding capabilities to
closed software that kinda competes with what he works on?
Producers of closed software gotta love competition and doing it
all by themselves.

> No fear, no-one's going to ask you or DR for help in this matter.

There are very few others who could help in this matter, so what
do you think you gain with this confrontative behaviour?

Now you could say going to that forum and correcting
misconceptions regarding LV2 should be easy enough and
worth it, but even that eats time of which there is so little in a day.
Plus to me it sounds like that guy doesn't want to get it.

--
Thorsten Wilms

Unbegrenzter Speicher, Top-Spamschutz, 120 SMS und eigene E-MailDomain inkl.
http://office.freenet.de/dienste/emailoffice/produktuebersicht/power/mail/index.html