[LAD] LV2 " isn't well thought out ?" LV2 in the Reaper sequencer

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Thu Jan 24 20:15:35 UTC 2008

"alex stone" <compose59 at gmail.com> writes:

> we just want to avoid somebody to directly make money with our work,
> that is by selling our software in a sampler product like a sampler
> + sample library bundle, a hardware sampler or something equivalent,
> at least not without giving something back to the open source
> Community."

But that's really the funny thing here. Your software isn't from the
free/open source software communities. It doesn't conform to neither
the free software definition nor the open source definition.

I'm glad that GPLv3 fixes this issue, cause if you state that the
software is under GPLv3 you may not impose any further restrictions on
the work, if I read the license correctly.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m