[LAD] LV2 " isn't well thought out ?" LV2 in the Reaper sequencer

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Thu Jan 24 19:05:49 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 21:15 +0100, Esben Stien wrote:
> "alex stone" <compose59 at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > we just want to avoid somebody to directly make money with our work,
> > that is by selling our software in a sampler product like a sampler
> > + sample library bundle, a hardware sampler or something equivalent,
> > at least not without giving something back to the open source
> > Community."

I don't quite see what would stop a company from bundling LS with
commercial content, stating that LS is included as a freebie.

> But that's really the funny thing here. Your software isn't from the
> free/open source software communities. It doesn't conform to neither
> the free software definition nor the open source definition.

The really funny thing would be the authors going MIA and nobody being
there to give that permission that at least commercial distros might
think is required.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: