[LAD] LV2 " isn't well thought out ?" LV2 in the Reaper sequencer

Christian Schoenebeck cuse at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 24 20:42:48 UTC 2008

Am Donnerstag, 24. Januar 2008 19:05:49 schrieb Thorsten Wilms:
> I don't quite see what would stop a company from bundling LS with
> commercial content, stating that LS is included as a freebie.

It's simple: as soon as it's bundled with commercial content, say on a medium
they want money for, LS would be part of a commercial product, thus exactly
what the exception prohibits.

> The really funny thing would be the authors going MIA and nobody being
> there to give that permission that at least commercial distros might
> think is required.

Chances are low that we all go six feet under at the same time, due to our
distributed locations. Or if that really happens, I would say this would also
affect the majority of all other people on earth, and the remaining ones
would then definitely have other problems than thinking about license issues
of one audio sampler software. :)

CU
Christian