[LAD] LV2 " isn't well thought out ?" LV2 in the Reaper sequencer

Dave Robillard dave at drobilla.net
Fri Jan 25 19:02:01 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 20:42 +0000, Christian Schoenebeck wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 24. Januar 2008 19:05:49 schrieb Thorsten Wilms:
> > I don't quite see what would stop a company from bundling LS with
> > commercial content, stating that LS is included as a freebie.
>
> It's simple: as soon as it's bundled with commercial content, say on a medium
> they want money for, LS would be part of a commercial product, thus exactly
> what the exception prohibits.

It's simple:  That is why LS is neither Open Source or Free Software *

Claiming otherwise is intentionally misleading deception.
Complaining about it (again...) is just a stupid waste of time.

We know all of this already.  Move on, list, move on. ;)

-DR-

(* Some reasonable people care, some reasonable people don't, BFD)