[LAD] [OT] LinuxSampler and GPL - some clarifications

Forest Bond forest at alittletooquiet.net
Mon Jan 28 04:19:58 UTC 2008

Hi,

Let me try at a little summary.  I'd like, for posterity's sake, to concisely
characterize your views on the subject.  Here goes:

You think that the GPL is a terrible license from the developer's perspective.
Developers should instead assign license on a per-user basis, charging more
money from users that are deemed less likely to contribute back to the project.

You speak of re-interpreting the GPL, but what you really want is for
open-source developers to use different license terms entirely.  You don't think
the GPL adequately protects developers' interests.

You also apparently think that most current interpretations of the GPL are
largely incorrect, and everyone distributing GPL software as part of a
commercial product is already violating the terms of the license.

Is that correct?

-Forest
--
Forest Bond