[LAD] Fwd: LS licensing (was: LV2 " isn't well thought out ?" LV2 in the Reaper sequencer)

alex stone compose59 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 12:44:20 UTC 2008

Hehe, succinctly put Christian.

Just doing a quick count of all the lines that have been written about this,
and the sometime belligerent enthusiasm attacking LS and questioning their
integrity because they're perceived as not being 'pure' by interpretation,
by some of you, and just since i've been here, there seems to be a lot of
code, sorry i mean text, written.

Makes me wonder just what the incentive is, to batter this to death over and
over again, instead of being admired for the quality and skill of coding
most of you have already proved you are capable of.

To offer a counterweight to this, have all you craftsmen considered getting
together in a concentrated team effort, free of politics, and indulge in an
intense push to expand Jack and Jackdmp (for example) to incorporate kernel
level audio, with modules, and do away with alsa altogether? Now that WOULD
be something to talk about, and a wonderful incentive for developers to come
together as one, with a common goal for the greater good. Jack is already
'king of the empire', in my humble opinion, and would expand it's grip on
the planet even further with this final step towards ONE complete linux
audio and midi solution.

I live in hope that you chaps will take a deep breath, and use those
obviously competent typing skills you're exercising at the moment, in
writing more excellent code that i can use, and continue to admire and
respect you for.

Alex.