[LAD] [ANN] Qsynth 0.3.3 Knobs Galore!

Steven Chamberlain steven at pyro.eu.org
Mon Jul 14 17:54:02 UTC 2008

Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
> there's this Windows(TM) all-in-one package available (includes
> FluidSynth port) for your (sick:) pleasure only.
>    Qsynth 0.3.3 (unstable-qt4) is out!

This kicks ass!  Thank you.

Until now I've had no way to use my MIDI keyboard for anything when
booted into Windows.  All I was really after was a virtual grand piano
to practice with.  I often use a grand piano sound font under
QSynth+FluidSYnth in Linux but now I can use it in Windows too.

The only drawback is the horrible latency under Windows (XP).  I've
brought the buffer sizes down about as far as I can without crackle, but
obviously nowhere near what an -rt-patched Linux and JACK were capable of.

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain
steven at pyro.eu.org