[LAD] [Linuxsampler-devel] jack, kernel, etc. versions & priorities

Anders Dahnielson anders at dahnielson.com
Mon Jul 28 07:35:38 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 03:32, Garett Shulman <shulmang at colorado.edu> wrote:

> Hello, I had a great performing linux audio setup until I had to move to
> a newer kernel to get some hardware on a new motherboard to work. Now I
> can't seem to get decent performance and thought it might be helpful if
> folks could chime in with what versions, etc. they are using with decent
> success. In particular I'm having a very challenging time with Linux
> Sampler, which I had previously working very solidly but now regardless
> of numerous jack/ls version permutations segfaults when I create a jack
> driver in ls. Thanks! -Garett
>
> Kernel version? RT patch? Preemption mode? Audio hardware IRQ scheduling
> policy and priority?
>
> Alsa version if different from kernel?
>
> Jack version, scheduling policy and priority?
>
> Linux Sampler version (or cvs date), scheduling policy and priority?

Kernel version: 2.6.24.7-rt8
Preemption mode: Preempt RT (Ingo's patch)
IRQ scheduling: running rtirq
In limits.conf:

*               -       rtprio          0
@realtime       -       rtprio          99
@realtime       -       memlock         2048000
@realtime       -       nice            -19

Jack version: 0.109.2
LinuxSampler version: CVS (compiled 19 july)

--
Anders Dahnielson
<anders at dahnielson.com>