[LAD] Small sequencers [was: Re: Packaging advice]

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Tue Jun 10 19:12:32 UTC 2008

>> I just stumbled upon the Non Sequencer, which seems to be nice for
>> live performance as well: http://non.tuxfamily.org/
>
> About seq24.
>
> http://non.tuxfamily.org/MANUAL.html
> 7. Sister Projects
> 3'd section

I read that, pretty bold statement. Dont see that SEQ24 is that
unoptimized, I think its rather good. I wonder why the creator didn't
jump onboard seq24 and improved it. Typical open source behaviour, but
maybe he is heading in another direction. I hope the NON is good in live
context, any experience, anyone?
Seq24 is doing 90% what I expect from it and about the rest I am
thinking of joining that project instead of creating another one.

Cheers,

Malte
--
Malte Steiner

next event:
13.6.2008: Elektronengehirn live OpenEar Festival Cardiff,UK