[LAD] Packaging advice

Pete Black pete at marchingcubes.com
Wed Jun 11 12:23:01 UTC 2008

Pelle,

Yeah, i think i will build a separate 'keyboard widget' into the app,
with a key to switch between keyboard and part mute key mappings. Will
probably support channel splitting so you can play 2 parts
simultaneously + drums from the keys - Obviously range, and most likely
any ability to
chord effectively - will be limited with a QWERTY instead of a proper
external keyboard .

I looked at the source for jack-keyboard and it implements the same
keymap as Impulse Tracker does, so i'll probably follow that layout.

Using the step keys as an 'emulated' keyboard isn't very usable, even on
the actual electribe.

Using a separate app for a virtual keyboard is not ideal, but will
probably be implemented first - mostly because i want to use my external
MIDI keyboard with it.

-Pete