[LAD] starting out with tux audio

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Tue Jun 17 08:09:02 UTC 2008

AlgoMantra wrote:
> But I _would_ rather write my own realtime synthesis engine.

Well, then go for it. :) Sorry, I didn't understand that C was an
absolute requirement.

> And I would never even dream of using ready-made GS software.
> That kills the whole point, doesn't it?

Yes sure, exactly my point.

> Oh and, 6 months ago I wanted to do
> all this in Python, which then was the only language I knew. Just my luck
> that sound in Python is/was in a deplorable state.

You can use SC from any language that has an OSC interface (like C,
Python, Haskell, Q, ...), no need to program in SC language if you don't
want to.

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikinformatik.uni-mainz.de/ag