[LAD] starting out with tux audio

AlgoMantra algomantra at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 12:56:42 UTC 2008

> On the subject of input devices, I had a recent project that may be
> just up your alley. First, I changed my xorg.conf to only read from
> one specific mouse device, then I used the input event interface that
> the kernel creates for each extra mouse, and wrote a c program that
> mapped five mice.....(contd)

Neat....it looks like something I'd like to try very soon.

> Programs that use /dev/dsp
> and read from the tty can't play together so easily, and are in the
> long run difficult to compose and perform with (I no longer consider
> any of them worth my time). Selfishly, I lament the time others spend
> working on such projects that do so much less to benefit me than they
> could. You of course don't owe me anything, so this is a request
> rather than a demand.

Err....you have the benefit of a certain experience that I don't, since
I am not much of a hacker, but I am trying my best. I am sure I will
be sharing things once they are worth anybody's while.

(Oh, and my laptop went toast this afternoon, so I will be slightly
delayed in processing your request!)

http://www.algomantra.com