[LAD] [ANN] pyjackctl 1.0 released

Marc-Olivier Barre marco at marcochapeau.org
Tue Mar 4 21:33:52 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Marc-Olivier Barre
<marco at marcochapeau.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Pyjackctl 1.0 is out. let's just call that the "lac2008" release :-)
>
>  This project was created to take advantage of Nedko Arnaudov's JACK
>  Audio Connection Kit (improvements) patches, especially the dbus proof
>  of concept patch. It offers basic functionalities to control a JACK
>  daemon over a dbus interface (start/stop, configure, etc.), it also
>  includes a jack log viewer, a wmdock applet and a script to display
>  jack's state on a G15 keyboard's LCD. Those curious of how it looks
>  will find a set of screenshots on the homepage. You are welcome to
>  test and comment.
>
>  homepage : http://www.marcochapeau.org/software/pyjackctl
>  download : http://www.marcochapeau.org/files/pyjackctl-1.0.tar.gz
>
>  The necessary set of jack patches can be found here :
>  http://sharesource.org/project/jack/
>
>  Please keep in mind that this is a proof of concept to explore new
>  ideas, not a finished product.

Ok, just a quick word to say that this release is certainly not good.
some bad bugs were uncovered right after the announcement... those are
fixed in pyjackctl SVN. You'll also need a development snapshot of the
jack patches (log patch has been applied to jack svn and is no longer
required).
Also, I'm in the process of rebuilding the jackconf script (the
configuration GUI) to implement some kind of "improved user
experience" config dialog, taking benefit of what's made available by
the jack patches.
A new release will be made available as soon as this config dialog is ready.