[LAD] FW: [piksel] The future of videojack ?

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Tue May 6 22:56:00 UTC 2008

Juuso Alasuutari:

> Video streaming capabilities would require adding a smallish
> additional API. Here's a crude suggestion:

Correct me please, if I'm wrong: jack's distinct feature seems to be
the n to n plumbing plus internal summing if needed, not the
streaming.

To make video plumbing any interesting I reckon you'd want something
like Fusion or Blender's node system. Nothing of which, just a hunch,
will ever end up in jack graphs.

Why not keep things simple and use jack's (maybe to be enhanced)
timing information as a studio clock to sync video frames? Meaning
what "videojack" really wants to be is a jack audio client with good
video-specific plumbing on its own.

Wolfgang