[LAD] [ANN] lash-0.6.0 release candidate 2

alex stone compose59 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 14:24:13 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Nedko Arnaudov <nedko at arnaudov.name> wrote:

> "alex stone" <compose59 at gmail.com> writes:
>

> >I think you use both sequencer backend of JACK and a2jmidid, they both
> >handle "legacy" ALSA seq apps. I personally use raw midi backend for
> >handling hardware ports and a2jmidid for handling "legacy" ALSA seq
> >apps.

I didn't know this, i'll have a look. I've been using alsa seq for all, not
realising a2jmidid would 'duplicate' alsa legacy app ports.

> >As for port numbering, your observations matches my knowledge about the
> >code, i.e. port numbers are increasing and reset to 0 on jack server
> >start.

No user error? I'm amazed...

> >BTW I'm surprised that you managed to connect Rosegarden trough
> >a2jmidid. I was under impression that it needs static alsa<->jack
> >bridges,

I may not have explained this properly. In the pic you can see RG midi
cabled to LS midi. Both are Alsa. I couldn't use the a2jbridge.

> >This indeed sounds strange. Maybe it is some bug in jackdbus patchbay
> >code. As test, can you please check whether those audio connections
> >appear through libjack interface, either using qjackctl or jack_lsp with
> >-c option?

Qjackctl confirms the  ports are cabled together. They simply don't show as
connected in lpatchage, even with a refresh, or restart.

> Still using "jack_lsp -c" next time may be helpgul ;)

I've written this down,  O learned one .........

Alex.