[LAD] [libsndfile-users] help with libsndfile/etc

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Fri Oct 24 13:14:26 UTC 2008

On Friday 24 October 2008 07:34:53 am AlgoMantra wrote:
> I've used dev/dsp to spit sound but people say its deprecated.

Don't be afraid of OSS.  While it's not perfect for every application (*no*
audio API is), it is still very effective for some.  It has the great benefit
of simplicity -- open a device, set a couple of ioctls, write data, and
you're done.  For simple cases, the whole business can be done in a about a
dozen lines.  See:

	http://manuals.opensound.com/developer/

Cheers!

|  The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to    |
|  choose from.                                                           |
|                                      -- Andrew S. Tanenbaum             |