[LAD] multiple ICE1712 sound cards (as one huge soundcard)

Christian Schoenebeck cuse at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Sep 27 10:41:06 UTC 2008

Thanks Julien for the quick reply!

I just realized that ALSA only detects one of the two envy cards. For
example "aplay -l" just shows this:

	card 0: DSP24 [Hoontech SoundTrack Audio DSP24], device 0: ICE1712 multi
	[ICE1712 multi]
	Subdevices: 0/1
	Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
	card 0: DSP24 [Hoontech SoundTrack Audio DSP24], device 1: ICE1712 consumer
	[ICE1712 consumer]
	Subdevices: 1/1
	Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
	card 0: DSP24 [Hoontech SoundTrack Audio DSP24], device 2: ICE1712 consumer
	(DS) [ICE1712 consumer (DS)]
	Subdevices: 6/6
	Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
	Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
	Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
	Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
	Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
	Subdevice #5: subdevice #5

Which equals output when only one card is plugged in. But "lspci" shows both
cards:

	02:08.0 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies Inc. ICE1712 [Envy24]
	PCI Multi-Channel I/O Controller (rev 02)
	02:09.0 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies Inc. ICE1712 [Envy24]
	PCI Multi-Channel I/O Controller (rev 02)

Do I probably need a more recent ALSA version or a specific patch or
something? Currently I'm using ALSA 1.0.12 drivers.

CU
Christian