[LAD] Guide to Linux Sound APIs

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Tue Sep 30 17:42:58 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Lennart Poettering <mzynq at 0pointer.de> wrote:
> File bugs against Ubuntu.

I hadn't noticed until your exchange with Gene just now that you were
a Red Hat employee.  I suppose it is in rather poor taste of me to
complain about Ubuntu when replying to you.

I don't want to give the impression of joining in the sour tone here,
and I'm sorry if I did.  PulseAudio is a jolly good thing, something
that gives me real hope; the amount of integration and engineering
work that has gone into it already must be huge, and to good effect.
I've never actively sought configuration apps for it before, because
I've never actually needed to configure it.  Aside from some well
known environmental limitations -- competing with Flash and JACK,
basically -- it has worked fine for me without any configuration at
all.  (I was grumpy when I first ran into the Flash thing, but I have
more perspective on it now.)

So, I'd like to say thanks for your work on this fine piece of
infrastructure.  Thanks.

Chris