[LAD] Guide to Linux Sound APIs

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Tue Sep 30 19:33:11 UTC 2008

Chris Cannam:

> Aside
> from some well known environmental limitations -- competing with
> Flash and JACK, basically -- it has worked fine for me without any
> configuration at all.  (I was grumpy when I first ran into the
> Flash thing, but I have more perspective on it now.)

There was a thread "jack and flash" on lau
(2/2008,http://www.nabble.com/jack-and-flash-td15402872.html) where
this came up. Search for pulseaudio in the spread-out thread.

Basically Lennart made pulseaudio work with flash streams. As there
are jack plugins for pulseaudio anyway you could record youtube audio
-- coming from firefox -- in ardour.

It involved http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/FlashPlayer9Solution (Would
be cool to have a date on that page, btw. Like is the Update recent?)

Wolfgang