[LAD] Fwd: Fw: Re: At the hands of Professor Keller and Raymond

Raymond Martin laseray at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 20:23:52 UTC 2009

On Sunday 02 August 2009 15:47:32 you wrote:
> On Aug 2, 2009, at 12:50 PM, Raymond Martin wrote:
> > I am referring to the Launch4J scripts to build an executable and
> > others.
> > For example, you have an .exe for windows, isn't Launch4J what was
> > used?
> > If so, there is a script for it, as indicated in the build.xml.
>
> As stated before, launch4j is a commercial product that I was using on
> a trial version. There is no way that I can provide that. I was
> considering buying it if worked well, but even then, I cannot provide
> it.

Launch4J is FOSS and it is even hosted on SF. Anybody can get it for free.

> All it does is wrap the .jar file and other dirs to make it convenient
> for the users to install and launch. So I guess you're saying it's not
> allowed?

No, I'm saying you have created executable packages using certain tools
for which you have scripts. Launch4J seems to one of them. You can use
whatever tools you want to create distributable packages, but if there is
some kind of configuration file/script to use that then you should supply
that along with the source code (even if the tools are commercial).

FYI, this does not apply to the stuff to build on a particular platform that
cannot be supplied unless the person has the OS (e.g., the Mac .dmg stuff
can only be created on a Mac, AFAIK).

Raymond