[LAD] Fwd: Fw: Re: At the hands of Professor Keller and Raymond

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Aug 3 03:56:36 UTC 2009

Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 02, 2009 at 01:12:48PM -0700, keller wrote:
>>
>> If anyone has a recommendation for a substitute for install4j, I'd
>> appreciate hearing about it.
>>

> There's Raymond's post claiming that this tool is actually
> freely available - I don't know.

On sourceforge it seems to be another application:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/i4j-verifier/
A free download is available here:
http://www.ej-technologies.com/download/install4j/files.html

I won't install all that stuff, but the free download seems to be fine:

spinymouse-sudo at 64studio:~$ ~/Desktop/install4j/bin/install4j
No suitable Java Virtual Machine could be found on your system.
The version of the JVM must be at least 1.5 and at most 1.6.
Please define INSTALL4J_JAVA_HOME to point to a suitable JVM.
You can also try to delete the JVM cache file
/home/spinymouse-sudo/.install4j
spinymouse-sudo at 64studio:~$ rm -r ~/Desktop/install4j
spinymouse-sudo at 64studio:~$