[LAD] Kim did the switch to Linux

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Aug 6 12:01:47 UTC 2009

Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> If you don't stop trolling and continually harping on about how you
> find Microsoft is easier to work with and Linux Audio has lots of
> problems without actually contributing anything useful to advance the
> tools that you find so lacking then I'm not the only one who will
> continue to have a word for you.

This seems to be a problem of my broken English or anything else.

I don't say that I find Microsoft easier. I'm only using Linux at home.
I said that the averaged user has often problems with Linux and in
relation to that less problems with Apple and Microsoft. And I would
like to see more Linux folks to allow people to ask what they want to
ask and to help them instead of dismiss them to Google and to ignore the
user needs. I'm not a coder for Linux, I only can get in contact with
coders and I do this by developer lists, e.g. Rui added different timer
sources to Qtractor, because of me. I could argue with a lot of stuff,
but I guess there's no need to justify anything.

I did not write one line of code, but I found out a lot of issues and
reported those issues and some coders liked to get reports, maybe you
don't like reports, but I didn't write to you, so please calm down.