[LAD] Kim did the switch to Linux

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Thu Aug 6 14:42:57 UTC 2009

On 08/06/2009 06:34 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>> Many people use Linux Audio tools and infrastructure for professional
>> use everyday.
>
> Yes, less than 1% of all users are using Linux and this are many
> people, because for audio there are more less people than for general
> usage.

This statistic is often reported but it is always referenced with a
disclaimer saying that they can't really tell how many people are using
Linux.

The truth is that millions of people use Linux for daily professional
use, millions more use it as a hobby platform and further millions more
use multi boot systems.

> And more than 99% people are less than less than 1% people. I do
> understand now :D.
>
>> you are a troll.
>
> Yes, I'm a troll.
>
> So everybody is fine now?

If you don't stop trolling and continually harping on about how you find
Microsoft is easier to work with and Linux Audio has lots of problems
without actually contributing anything useful to advance the tools that
you find so lacking then I'm not the only one who will continue to have
a word for you.

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd