[LAD] Auto-wah plugin

Guido Scholz guido.scholz at bayernline.de
Thu Aug 27 20:44:40 UTC 2009

Am Thu, 27. Aug 2009 um 22:10:59 +0200 schrieb Fons Adriaensen:

Hi Fons,

> There are also apps that will install into different places, e.g.
> jkmeters installs a binary in $(PREFIX)/bin and some png files in
> $(PREFIX)/share/jkmeters.
>
> And to complicate things, the next release of TetraProc will use
> $(PREFIX)/share/jkmeters as well, as it installs a subset of the
> same png files, and I want them to be shared between all apps that
> use them (and that number is bound to increase).
>
> How would you handle this ?

this is quite easy, the install target goes always to

  $DESTDIR$PREFIX/somepath

where $PREFIX is commonly "/usr" or "/usr/local" or sometimes "/opt".

The need for "$DESTDIR" is common to all kind of packaging tools,
because during package build they will install the complete file set to
a temporary path (=DESTDIR) and then wrap it all up.

If you would have a look to a Makefile written by automake/autoconf you
could see (and understand) in detail how it is used (even in a much more
complex setup).

Guido

--
http://www.bayernline.de/~gscholz/