[LAD] FOSS Ethernet Soundcard - IETF Ethernet AVB

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Wed Dec 2 22:02:08 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 07:21:46PM +0000, errordeveloper at gmail.com wrote:

> obviously eas50 is good to go, but Ethernet AVB is right thing really.

You are right. I just read some of the AVB documentation five hours ago,
also some bits from XMOS.

It does all what's required, it has vendor support, it's based on
established standards, most terms also occur in FFADO. (IEC61883-6,
AM824).

It features USB, S/PDIF, I2S, has 100MBit/s or Gbit/s network...

> is think we should forget everything else and crack on with the XS1 AVB
> implementation!

Absolutely. The problem has obviously already been solved by AVB.

--
mail: adi at thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver

If you think, you're wrong, you might be right!