[LAD] [LAA] [ANN] guitarix-0.05.3-1 quick release

james morris james at jwm-art.net
Fri Dec 4 16:05:52 UTC 2009

Hi Hermann,

A new patch:
http://jwm-art.net/art/text/guitarix-0.05.4-1_gtk2.12_v2.patch

(continues...)

On 4/12/2009, "hermann" <brummer- at web.de> wrote:

>Thanks for the patch, indeed we get some requests from stable users to
>make it possible build against  gtk+-2.12. So your patch come handy.

Ah, I'm not the only one then :)

>To the "gtk_menu_get_accel_path", a empty string wouldn't work, but we
>could replace the add/remove accelerator funktion with
>
>gtk_widget_add_accelerator (menu_widget, "activate",
>gx_gui::GxMainInterface::instance()->fAccelGroup,
>                              accel_key, list_mod[i],
>GTK_ACCEL_VISIBLE);

Yes that seems to work... I don't know enough GTK to have accelerators
working for the presets (the code for them is more involved) so have
disabled accelerators entirely for those.

Coincidentally, where are the presets?

Lastly, when I cancel loading a wav file for jconv, guitarix crashes hard.
gtk_file_chooser returns NULL when you click cancel, and you cannot
assign that to a string.

The new patch fixes the above but maybe leaves you with something to
consider in gx_select_and_draw_jconv_ir - i'm not sure if the slight
re-ordering at the start of the func matters - i'm new to jconvolver
and am yet to figure it out.

BTW, I was not sure what to do with the jconv reverbs so put them in
/usr/local/share/jconv_reverbs - you cannot write temp files there!

Cheers,
James.