[LAD] Atomic Operations

Nick Copeland nickycopeland at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 14 20:04:41 UTC 2009

> guaranteed for 24 bits of a 32 bit value. funny old world, eh? :)

Wasn't that just for 32 bit floats though? They were implemented as a structure
that implied multiple write operations, they only garanteed the mantissa,
not the exponent. I am pretty sure integer memory IO was guaranteed as that
is where the 24 bits came from.

nick.

"we have to make sure the old choice [Windows] doesn't disappear”.
Jim Wong, president of IT products, Acer